Wednesday, October 23, 2013

When im older..

One of the things I hope to happen when Im older, my kids are married, even maybe with some grandchildren I hope to hear  (even tho I may not) the kids say my mama made the best _____ and I need or you need to make them.  I have heard this a few times from my hubs.  Of course his mother has some of the best recipes and as long as I have the recipes I can come pretty close to copying them.  Plus with pinterest I have come to find a few favorites  (all in the dessert area) plus I have a few others that I know are some favorites that I have made for year without pinterest!  But I hope that my kiddos will love the things I make and have there favorites and ask me to make them even when they arent living with us anymore.

Tonight my kids ate there dinner and in our house if you eat all your dinner you get a treat and we happen to be all out of sweets.  I told my kiddo that he could have a sweet since he ate all his dinner without complaints and did his homework good.  So of course when he asked me again I looked around our cabinets and thought what am I gonna give him!  Last night I knew we were out of sweets so I made him so snicker doodles to have for lunch and those were already gone except I made sure to hide one more days of sweets for his lunch.  So I told Ryu lets look and see what we can make. My aunt sent me some chocolate chips to bake with and I forgot I had them in the fridge.  Well they happen to be Reese's chocolate chips and they had a fabulous recipe on the back.  So Ryu and Hailey helped poured things into the bowels and while they backed I had Ryu, Hailey and Clara walking in circles awaiting these babies to be done cooking!  Now these are some good cookies definitely a keeper recipe.  

Now my sweet loves are all tucked in bed and fast asleep.  While I am finishing up baking the rest of the cookies.  Also the tooth fairy will visit Ryu again.  He lost his 5th tooth at school today.  I am sure it wont be long when he loses another!  REESE'S Chewy Chocolate Cookies

1 comment:

  1. Your kids will remember all those cherished memories made. Especially your wonderful cooking!

    ReplyDelete