Monday, October 14, 2013

Baby Girl to Toddler!

How many children did you see yourself having?  Well growing up I saw myself with 3 children.  But With my first marriage after having Hailey I was happy with my two.  I had to have at least 2.  I could not just stop with 1.  I have grown up with an amazing relationship with my sisters.  We were there for each other when no one else.  I wanted my children to have a special relationship like I had with there siblings.  Although I wasnt sure how close my children would be with each other being boy/girl.  

But  I also knew that my marriage wouldnt last, thats why I never got my tubes tied.  Not that I didnt try to keep it together, I just couldnt see Justin and I growing old together.  AND then there was the moment Ethan and mine relationship got serious.  I saw us old together.  Also in the early stages I had this dream of holding a baby shower invitation for a little girl and that baby invitation was ours.  SO I knew we would have us a little girl.

I wont forget the day we had Clara.  We dropped Ryu and Hailey off at my moms and went to sonic to get me a strawberry lime slush. And then our truck made some interesting sounds.  We were going to go to HEB to fill our fridge since we'd be busy for a few days with having our baby girl home.  But that didnt happen.  We drove home and then the shifter broke.  E and Kelby worked on the truck.  They got it together after 2 hours and well it was to late to go anywhere I was tired and ready for bed!  After E got into bed I was just about to drift off to sleep when I got a big nice painful contraction.  Thankfully it only lasted 60 seconds.  So It then took me almost an hour to get to the point of drifting off to sleep again and then I got hit with another contraction.  I thought man im not gonna be able to fall asleep.  So I got up let my sweet Hubs sleep and surfaced the channels to find something good to watch.  After another hour went by I got another contraction.  I thought I need to write this down so I know what to tell the hospital.  I started to get then every hour for 60 seconds and then it started to to be less then an hour and every 30 min to every 20 minutes by the time we left.  I couldnt walk thru the doors of the hospital very good I'd have to stop and tell myself to breathe through the contractions.  Finally made it upstairs and hooked up to the heart monitor.

The nurses said at this point I was there was no need to start the induction medicine.  I was already dilated to a 7.  I was all for the epidural.  But I was told I couldnt have one until my blood work came in.  I was there less then 2 hours before we had her.  I didnt get my epidural.  I just remember E saying he was going to get the nurse bc I was hurting so bad and the nurse started to panic because she couldnt get the heart beat on the monitor and called another nurse in and once they got it, being in so much pain she checked me again and announced WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A BABY!

There was no time for the doctor, my water broke and then her head was out and the nurse didnt have her other glove on.  (she did get it on before clara was born) and one push and she was born!

Now a year later I have the sweetest baby girl.  That is now a toddler!  She is the happiest girl such a smarter pants.  I love her to pieces.  Such a daddies girl too.  At the end of the day all the kids are tucked in bed...Except Clara she is tucked away in her daddys arms for a little longer.  I still get a surprise when im in the kitchen doing the dishes or cooking and I feel these arms wrap around my leg and I look down and its my Clara. 

Plus as we all know I couldnt just stop at having just Clara so my future thoughts of just 3 children turned to 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment