Sunday, March 16, 2014

My Ryu

So my sweet boy turned 7.  I am so blessed to have had him in my life for as long as I have.  Having him has given me the privileges of learning and experiencing many firsts.  I know it may seem like I favor him, but I tend to not know what to expect and hover protectively around him.  One thing I know I need to start doing is letting go and let him learn without me and I did just that this last week on a few things!  

Now my sweet boy, he is so loving.  He tends to go to our younger girls and talks to them a lot and does everything he can to make them smile.  When we are all sitting down to watch tv you will find that my Clara girl chooses him to sit on.  He is a pleaser.  He wants to please you desperately and he feels completely let down when he cant.  But he is still learning to be concerate of others.  In which I mean he tends to run and not pay attention to who is around.  For example, we were at the beach and he was running around crazy and people tend to lay out or camp out and with my lil man running it kicked up sand.

I can say it was a fantastic birthday for him.  We had a lot of family and friends over to celebrate his birthday.  Now it may not seem to have the same effect on Ryu as it does me.  But I felt completely loved having everyone that was there wanting to celebrate my son's birthday.  He got some amazing gifts and  I can say that he doesnt really favor one more then the other. 

They played boccu ball and hit the pinata, just about everyone got a turn on the ezy rider we got him and we had fun doing silly string on everyone, and one of his presents was walkie talkies and the kids loved that (they made up a game of spy for awhile) and we ate hamburgers and hot dogs.  Later on they played on the RC cars that the kiddos got.  We got the horse shoe game but we never got to setting it up and playing with it.  It all in all went by fast and you know when that happens time flies!

Picture courtesy of my sister!  (plus my awesome MIL capture a bunch from the party on her fb)

No comments:

Post a Comment